[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [aspectj-users] problems with generated code
- From: Andrew Eisenberg <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 11:32:09 -0500
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:reply-to:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=U3EKo0y488qGv1K4lED0SigplH0HbfT0TJJf95ninl4=; b=Fhg0tbR76nbotlwlqk4AnfmAZH7cpiOe+Y6SkPkf5gXy8kXqpFUi4+CAgLuRvvFdcQ zRbuHWrPeFWwef3fwscGqtoB3gv2WMQI38jTJ0YNChNBI/bThkkfZVSnjNBi9uzNIgez poU/oL1gVh4dHMuLj4X89+SIWz5E7NX9zds54=
AJDT does not fully support Java 5 annotation processors, and does not
support Java 6 style processors at all.
What is supported is the following:
1. generating new files
2. adding compile errors or warnings to existing files
However, we do not run the AspectJ compiler in a loop to handle new
files generated from APT. This is required for your situation. I
believe that running the aspectj compiler in batch mode (ie- from the
command line) will properly handle this situation.
The reason why this has not been implemented is that we have not had
this requirement in the past. Could you raise a bug for this inside
On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Asad Jawahar <room7hostel4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am using AspectJ in a project that also has my custom Java 5 style annotation peocessor. The annotation processor generates some code that has no AspectJ dependency at all. The problem appears to be that the AJDT builder is ignoring the generated files and they and they don't get compiled. I get Java compilation errors when I try to use the generated types anywhere in the
> project. If I disable AspectJ (AspectJ tools > Remove AspectJ Capability), the code compiles fine. At this point if I convert the project back to AspectJ and do a clean, the errors come back. Is this a supported scenario? If so, is there something additional I need to do in my annotation processor to make the builder aware of the generated files?
> aspectj-users mailing list