Re: [aspectj-users] exception handling within several methods

Yeah I did the run/as aspectj/javaapplication and it comes up with 2 errors, one is main doesn't show up and the second is that it is missing an aspectj library that is in the plugins folder and I don't know why it can't find it. I'm running this on windows as well in eclipse and it complains if Exception isn't capitalized. Atleast tell me this, does the aspect catch the exception, is it coded correctly because without being able to test it I have no idea if it is correctly coded or not.

From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andy Clement [andrew.clement@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2010 12:10 PM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] exception handling within several methods

Hi,

On 1 December 2010 14:52, Johnson, Trace <trace.johnson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out to change the exceptions for the scanner in several different methods into one aspect, I have done several things but a few times I've tried to run it I'm getting a no main error and no aspectj runtime error here is the code:

I created the files atm.java and exception.aj containing your code, I
can run atm just fine via the context menus (right clicking in the
editor): RunAs>JavaApplication or RunAs>AspectJ/JavaApplication.  How
are you launching it?  I presume you are always attempting to launch
the code when there are no errors in it?

I am on windows which is rather indifferent about upper/lowercasing in
places.  It is unusual to have type names starting with a lower case
letter, and if you modified the aspect from exception to Exception I
can imagine that causing all kinds of issues due to clashing with
java.lang.Exception.  We don't knowingly have a bug related to
handling upper/lower case - I'm just trying to think about what is
unusual in your program.

Andy