Re: [aspectj-users] exception handling within several methods

Hi,

On 1 December 2010 14:52, Johnson, Trace <trace.johnson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out to change the exceptions for the scanner in several different methods into one aspect, I have done several things but a few times I've tried to run it I'm getting a no main error and no aspectj runtime error here is the code:

I created the files atm.java and exception.aj containing your code, I
can run atm just fine via the context menus (right clicking in the
editor): RunAs>JavaApplication or RunAs>AspectJ/JavaApplication.  How
are you launching it?  I presume you are always attempting to launch
the code when there are no errors in it?

I am on windows which is rather indifferent about upper/lowercasing in
places.  It is unusual to have type names starting with a lower case
letter, and if you modified the aspect from exception to Exception I
can imagine that causing all kinds of issues due to clashing with
java.lang.Exception.  We don't knowingly have a bug related to
handling upper/lower case - I'm just trying to think about what is
unusual in your program.

Andy

Back to the top