Re: [aspectj-users] Callee weaving

In article <4CCEBDD2.6030605@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
holger.hoffstaette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...

> On 01.11.2010 14:00, jan_bar wrote:
> > In article <4CCEB275.7090803@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> > holger.hoffstaette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...

> >> http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/progguide/language-joinPoints.html
> >>
> >> "call vs. execution"
> >>
> >> -h
> >
> > Thanks. Followup: if I will use only execution pointcuts, will AspectJ
> > still require all classes to be on classpath (when the class referenced
> > in pointcut is part of a jar)?
>
> If I understand correctly then yes, all classes referenced in the
> new/additional code added to a callee need to be available at runtime
> unless you do naughty things with selective/lazy initialization.
> However this does not affect clients compiling against the newly woven
> code, since they still only use their well-known entry points (the
> public API).
>
> If that wasn't your question please explain again :)
>
> -h

I am sorry, I had a feeling that the question is not clear. When I run
ajc on a myjar.jar (that contains the class referenced from execute
pointcut), ajc requires that all classes referenced from the myjar.jar
file are on classpath. It means I have to supply lot of other jars such
as junit.jar, log4j.jar and rt.jar a tools.jar because some classes
happen to be referenced in myjar.jar. The execute pointcut should not
need to know and inspect those.

Jan

Back to the top