[aspectj-users] strange problem with aspectpath and Maven

Hi all,

as some folks here are using maven I thought I might just ask here too ;-)
Does anyone of the maven users know this situation or has hit a similar problem?

Within one of our large multi-module projects, one module (= independent
sub-project) depends on aspects in other modules, so these are declared
both as general project dependencies and added as "AspectLib" (=aspectpath)
Basically this setup works just fine.

In one of these prerequisite projects, we're building several additional
"Assemblies", which then end up as attachments to this project. Now, in this
specific case, we need to depend not only on this base prerequisite project,
but also on one of these attachments. But the moment we add this additional
dependency on this attachments (using the "classifier" in addition to the
usual artefact coordinates), the AspectJ compilation fails. It turned out
that suddenly some required ITDs were missing.

The debug output of the Maven build revealed that the aspectj-maven-plugin
feeds the attachment of the prerequisite project to the aspectpath, instead of
using the main project jar (as it should). Thus AspectJ doesn't see the
aspects which should add these ITDs, causing the compilation to fail altogether.

Maybe someone knows a workaround or can at least give me a hint which
forum / mailinglist would be a good place to ask further...?

Cheers,
Hermann Vosseler

Back to the top