[aspectj-users] ajc for spring

we are trying to use aspectj on weblogic server 10.3.

WLS 10.3 bundles spring, which includes some version of *rt.jar and *weaver.jar. however, our project does not use spring. i therefore need to do compile-time weaving via ajc. however, obviously, ajc is not included via the spring JARs.

you might ask why we don't just bundle the non-spring aspectj dist. the answer is that the powers that be are generally opposed to us adding additionally runtime components because of the size increase, and also because they will probably see this as a duplication since WLS already bundles aspectj (albeit in another form).

so the question ... is there a way to find a version of ajc that will produce woven class files that can make use of the spring *rt.jar at runtime?

an added complication is that the aspjectj classes bundled by WLS are re-packaged under the com.bea java package space.

yes i realize this is an odd, almost impossible request, but thanks for reading.

Back to the top