Re: [aspectj-users] A little pointcut help please

Hi Matthew,

> I just realized that there's a bug in my pointcut -- I'm not
> supporting the prevention of accessing any fields whose class is
> annotated with @ProtectedInternal.  How would I add that one, too?

set((@ProtectedInternal *) *) || get((@ProtectedInternal *) *)

But the 'of the thing' part of your description makes it hard to
specify the within in a general way.  Obviously you can do it with a
runtime test in some advice (or perhaps with an if() clause) but that
prevents you using declare error.  I can't think of how else to do it
- maybe someone else can?

But it doesn't seem entirely unreasonable - you just want the advise
to be conditional on different properties of the same join point  I
wouldn't be against exploring what we can do here in the language with
a few changes.  I don't know what those changes would be however -
perhaps we can do more static interpretation of if() clauses:
if(!thisEnclosingJoinPoint.getPackage().equals(thisJoinPoint.getPackage))
or similar.

Andy