[aspectj-users] AspectJ wiki pages (was: Best practices in optimization)

Hi all,

I've created some AspectJ pages on the Eclipse wiki. You can find it here http://wiki.eclipse.org/AspectJ .

Obviously those pages are open to everyone for cooperation. The purpose is writing there the shared knowledge currently present on the list.

I tried to summarize build time optimizations described here on the list, have a look if you find some answers and feel free to fix any mistake I've made.

I also wrote down some explanations and common solutions to Lint messages, at least the ones I know, and what I found on the list about runtime optimizations.

Keeping an informal and accessible style sounded the best option for a wiki.

Simone

Bepi Esposito Vingiano wrote:
Hi Simone, Andy and all.
Andy I fully agree with you. Collaboration is the key.
Indeed I have no problems with aspectj (times are reasonable), only if I had some initial tips and tricks maybe I could make my build time better.
For example:
I haven't understood if the include clause in aop.xml have influence inside eclipse. Can it help? Then I have used the within in joinpoint definition but it seems to me that the building times are the same.
I have used also the withincode. It can help?
While building I see the names of the classes woven. I see many names that apparently should not be interested
by my aspects.
Then I'm asking to myself: maybe I must consider some other settings?
I begun the thread with these questions in my mind.
I'm ready to collaborate for testing and from writing in the wiki if it can help some other people. No problem :)
(sorry for my English. I'm from Italy)
Ciao
Bepi