Re: [aspectj-users] Why JoinPoint interface present in both aspectjrt and aspectj-weaver?

For usual compile-time weaving you don't need aspectj-weaver.jar in runtime class path. You need it only during compile-time i-e when you invoke iajc.
aspectj-runtime.jar, as the name suggests, contains the runtime classes and interfaces.

Regards
Tahir Akhtar
Shashikant Kale wrote:

Hi,

I am currently migrating my application to OSGi environment. I am getting linkage error while classloader is trying to load the class JoinPoint.

Caused by: java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking org/aspectj/lang/JoinPoint class

I find that both aspectj-weaver and aspectj-runtime have this interface defined. Is there any specific reason why this interface is included in both the jars?

Regards,

Shashi