[aspectj-users] pointcut clash (?)

Hi,
I'm getting into troubles with an aspect that should drive a lazy loader for
complex data types:

 pointcut lazyLoaderRequired( LazyLoading loadingProperties, FilteredLoader
mySelf ) :
	                            (
	                              get( @LazyLoading
Collection<StatefullDatabaseObject+>+ StatefullDatabaseObject+.* )
	                              get( @LazyLoading Map<SerializableObject+,
DatabaseObject+>+ SerializableObject+.* )
	                              get( @LazyLoading Map<SerializableObject+,
StatelessDatabaseObject+>+ SerializableObject+.* )
	                            )
	                            &&
	                            @annotation( loadingProperties )
	                            &&
	                            this( mySelf )
	                            &&
	                            (! execution( public void
FilteredLoader.loadFilteredData(Class) ) )
	                            &&
	                            (! cflow(adviceexecution()) )
	                            ;

the above pointcut intercepts get calls and evaluates if the lazy loading
should happen (or not, if it has been already performed):

before( LazyLoading loadingProperties, FilteredLoader mySelf) :
lazyLoaderRequired( loadingProperties, mySelf)  {
	// perform standard lazy loading
	this.performLazyLoading(loadingProperties, mySelf, false);

    }

Now I've got situations where I want lazy loading to be disabled, so I wrote
another pointcut that partially override the above one:

 pointcut lazyLoaderForced( LazyLoading loadingProperties, FilteredLoader
mySelf) :
				cflow( lazyLoaderRequired( loadingProperties, mySelf) )
				&&
				(
				execution( public boolean DatabaseDialog+.perform*() throws
DatabaseException )
				withincode( public JComboBox QueryElements.*(..) )
				execution( * DatabaseDialog+.*(..) )

				)
				;

and defined another advice that should be triggered by the above pointcut:

before( LazyLoading loadingProperties, FilteredLoader mySelf ):
lazyLoaderForced( loadingProperties, mySelf)  {
	// perform forced lazy loading
	this.performLazyLoading(loadingProperties, mySelf, true);
    }

Now what should happen is that a method of QueryElements is adviced by the
lazy loader required pointcut, and eclipse confirms this. However, what happen
observing the running code is that the lazyLoaderRequired pointcut is always
triggered. I suspect this is due to the fact that two pointcuts are
overlapping, but I've tried also to isolate the statements of a lazy loading
required but the program always executes the required pointcut/advice.

Any idea about the problem?

Thanks,
Luca

Back to the top