Re: [aspectj-users] automatic comments at selected joinpoints

No, I think there should (optionally) just be a small notice at certain places in the java source files, indicating that a pointcut might apply to  these points. Without any comment (or a visual aid from the IDE) the reader of plain java files might forget that additional code might be woven it at that places and misinterprets the source code.