[aspectj-users] Joinpoint where the return value implements an interface?

Hi All,

I have a problem where I am trying to apply an around advice to
methods that return multiple unrelated concrete objects of some type,
but implement an interface for the sole purpose of allowing the aspect
to set a value on the return value after execution.

I tried the following joinpoint pattern:
call(Timeable *(..)) && !within(ElapsedTimeLogger)

but it doesn't work of course unless the return type is specifically
Timeable. how can I modify the pattern so that it matches any method
that returns a type that implements Timeable?

Thanks,
James

Back to the top