Re: [aspectj-users] Compiler Process

On Monday 10 December 2007 Marco Poggi's cat, walking on the keyboard, wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm a student and for my thesis I have to study the compiler process of
> ajc, how does it work,  where it starts and what are the main classes used
> by ajc.
> Someone can tell me which is the start-class of the process?

Well, I didn't explored the sources very well, but at the best of my knowledge
the ajc is using bcel (http://jakarta.apache.org/bcel/) to analyze and
manipulate bytecode, and I think the main classes used are those in the
weaver sub-module (you can find there an Advice, then in the patterns you can
find pointcuts and other stuff). Maybe this is the place to start:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.aspectj/modules/weaver/src/org/aspectj/weaver/?root=Tools_Project

Hope this helps,
Luca

Back to the top