Re: [aspectj-users] When is aspectjrt.jar required at runtime?

You can limit how much you need from aspectjrt.jar by avoiding use of
things like thisJoinPoint or the cflow pointcut designator.  But even
the most simple aspect will contain a reference to some types in that
runtime jar - for example the org.aspectj.lang.NoAspectBoundException
which gets thrown if something goes wrong building the aspect instance
and someone attempts to use the aspect.

Andy.