Re: [aspectj-users] Dynamically modifying Java class structure

Hi, Kevin.

> Many years ago before I knew about AJ, I created a program that
> writes a Java program, invokes the compiler, then uses reflection to
> load the created program.  Couldn't he do something similar and use
> AJ to simplify the modification process?  Admittedly, he might need
> to start a child ClassLoader and unload the whole thing if he needs
> to load, unload, modify, and reload; however, he shouldn't even need
> to do that if he only needs to load the modified version once per
> program execution.

I see what you mean - that's quite clever. However, for me that's not
"at runtime" but "At load time". As you mention, it's hard (if not
impossible) to replace stuff at runtime that has already been loaded.
That was what I meant.

Eric

--
Eric Bodden