[aspectj-users] Dynamically modifying Java class structure

Hi,

I am not sure whether the mailing list is an appropriate place to ask the following questions, but I could not find the relevant newsgroup for aspectj users (only found AJDT newsgroup),

I am trying to develop a solution to automatically insert new constructors to existing classes. I've considered using AspectJ to do it, however as far as I know it will only work if the name of the class to be modified was known beforehand (has to be hardcoded in the aspect), which is not applicable in my case.

So, could anyone please give me some suggestions or recommendations on this? Especially in terms of the following: - Is Aspectj the best tool to do this? If so, how to do it without hardcoding class names? - Should I look at bytecode reengineering/manipulation tools instead? If so, what's the most suitable library for my case (since I am aware that there are a lot of choices out there when it comes to bytecode manipulation)?

Thanks a lot for any helps, suggestions, and ideas.

Regards,

Hendrik

Back to the top