Re: [aspectj-users] AJDT too picky about irrelevant errors -> full build

On 02/09/2007, Carlos Pita <carlosjosepita@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That is: there is a need to produce a class in the output folder correlating
> to every source file in order to get incremental builds. I suppose that
> otherwise aspectj can't find a previous successful full build.

Yep - we are not as tolerant of broken code as the JDT compiler - we
could be but it has not so far proved to be a high enough priority
problem to fix it and I don't think it is a trivial piece of work.

> But this is too unrealistic an assumption, as most medium to big sized project present
> some compilation errors during development hours and probably at the end of
> the day too.
> Sometimes I do a svn checkout that introduces errors from
> inconsistencies between my colleagues work, maybe some outdated unit tests
> or something like that. I think it's nonsense to get these tests compiling
> at any cost just to force aspectj do incremental builds.

> Do you know of any sensible workaround? I'm seriously thinking about
> removing the aspectj capabilities from the project and use loadtime weaving
> plus annotated syntax on a plain java project.

I would say exclude those from your environment then, select them,
right click BuildPath>exclude - then they won't be part of the
compilation.

Andy.

Back to the top