[aspectj-users] Aspect to bypass method argument calculation

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to use aspectj to somehow bypass method arguments calculation.
I know it is possible to bypass method execution (using @Around advice and not calling the proceed() method).

The usecase I have is the simple, I want my program not to calculate string concatenations for logging, when a log flag is set to false.
e.g. say I have this call:
Logger.log("the value is " + value)
in this case, when some log flag is false, I would like program not to call all those string concatenations stuff: "the value is " + value

Thanks
Eli

Back to the top