[aspectj-users] Interface signatures checking at compile-time?

Hi :)

Probably quite a beginner question (I'm a beginner when it comes to
AspectJ), but I couldn't find any reference to it in the docs and
perhaps I'm just really missing some basic concepts behind AspectJ. Is
it somehow possible to check the signatures of all methods defined
within an interface at compile-time and throw a compiler-warning if some
constraints (return type, argument types) are not satisfied? (This is a
homework for a course I'm attending, so I primarily need a pointer and
less a full-fetched solution :))

So far I was thinking in this direction:

::
	abstract aspect SignatureChecker<I> {
		declare warning: callToHandle(): "Constraints not satisfied";
		public pointcut callToHandle(): within(I) .....
	}

With I being the signature to be checked (bound to it using a concrete
class extending this one). My problem is now, that I have no idea, how
to actually check the signatures since args(..) is limited to run-time,
isn't it?

Best regards,
Horst Gutmann

Back to the top