Re: [aspectj-users] Eclipse project with JDK 1.4.2

java.lang.StringBuilder was added in Java 5.0 as a replacement for StringBuffer (for improved performance if the mutable string is thread-local).  Thus, your program or its aspects need a JDK 1.5 (Java 5.0) or above.  You can't run it on JDK 1.4.2.

To run it on JDK 1.4.2 you need to search for all StringBuilder declarations in the code an change them to StringBuffer...the behaviour should be identical.

Tim Halloran