[aspectj-users] Eclipse project with JDK 1.4.2

Hi,

I am trying to apply some aspects to a JDK 1.4.2 project which runs on
Eclipse 3.2.1 + AJDT 1.4.1.
And AJDT 1.4.1 means I have AspectJ 1.5.3.

I am getting the compile error from AJ compiler as:
can't determine superclass of missing type java.lang.StringBuilder
when weaving classes
when weaving
when batch building
BuildConfig[D:\EclipseWS\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.ajdt.core\ProjName.generated.lst]
#Files=117
 [Xlint:cantFindType]	....

So this looks like AJ compiler is using Java 5 features but the project is
1.4.2.
Does this mean that AspectJ 1.5.3 can only be used for Java 5 projects?

Thanks,
Bora.