From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Macon Pegram
Sent: Thu 3/22/2007 2:02 PM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [aspectj-users] Scoping or Weaving problem (???) with LTW inanEARon a WAR

Ron,

I realized shortly after posting the question that I had left some details
out.

The JAR containing the aspect is actually at the EAR level.  The exceptions
from the original posting actually occurred with that configuration.

I've tried putting it at both the EAR and the WAR level  and it balked about
having 2 copies of the Concrete aspect.   There is a possible (but nasty)
solution where I could create 2 variations of the aspect jar with different
concrete definitions in aop.xml.

I have not tried putting it at the container level yet.  Again, an approach
I'd prefer to avoid if possible, but I'm not completely adverse to it.

Right now I'm trying to get an understanding of why this is happening and
that may illuminate the way to a solution.

Macon