Re: [aspectj-users] AspectJ 1.5.3: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.aspectj.apache.bcel.generic.MethodGen

 I'm including one of the ajcore files generated when I get the NPE (I get
over 30 ajcore files each time I run the program in the profiler...)

thanks for that.

java.lang.VerifyError: Unable to pop operan when not using -XnoInline
 Are you writing annotation style aspects or code style aspects?
 Yes, I'm using annotation style aspects. I'm also defining pointcuts on
annotations and pointcuts that weave into classes with parameterized types
(which I suspect is related to the StackOverflowError I reported on a
previous email... and by looking to the bugzilla entry you indicated, they
might be responsible for the NPE also).

With code style aspects we can do more type checking than we can for
annotation style aspects - and there are some bugs related to
specification of parameters for around advice, when using annotation
style, that manifest as this kind of failure (StackOverflow) - when
code style would work perfectly.  This is why when I saw your failure,
I assumed annotation style syntax.

The NPE failure is in a piece of code that is processing the
linenumbertable - but non of the attached decompiled fragments you
have included show any of the methods actually has a line number
table, I only see code attributes for the methods.  Are you able to
send me (privately if needs be) the .class file that is proving
problematic:

uy.com.netlabs.dsmpp.output.fragmentation.SMPPFragmentationStrategy

Back to the top