Re: [aspectj-users] Cross-Cutting the JDK with Aspect5 Load-Time Weaver?

Gregory,

The weaving of bootstrap classes is explicitly excluded by the AspectJ LTW agent. The practice can be problematic. If you need to advise the interaction between your program and the JDK the use of the call join point is probably the best approach.

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Gregory Kedge <greg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/09/2006 05:26

Please respond to
aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aspectj-users] Cross-Cutting the JDK with Aspect5 Load-Time Weaver?

Somehow, I got into my head that using the LTW in Aspect5 that I would be able to weave the Java classes within the JDK itself.  So, if I was interested in finding any location that called the JFrame.createRootPane() method, including places within the JDK that called that method, I might advice that point using:

    @AfterReturning(returning = "rootPane", pointcut = "call (javax.swing.JRootPane+ javax.swing.JFrame+.createRootPane())")

No? I kind of expected that since it was all just classfiles being loaded, I would be able to cross-cut the JDK classes...

Kind Regards,
Gregory Kedge