[aspectj-users] Cross-Cutting the JDK with Aspect5 Load-Time Weaver?

Somehow, I got into my head that using the LTW in Aspect5 that I would be able to weave the Java classes within the JDK itself.  So, if I was interested in finding any location that called the JFrame.createRootPane() method, including places within the JDK that called that method, I might advice that point using:

    @AfterReturning(returning = "rootPane", pointcut = "call (javax.swing.JRootPane+ javax.swing.JFrame+.createRootPane())")

No? I kind of expected that since it was all just classfiles being loaded, I would be able to cross-cut the JDK classes...

Kind Regards,
Gregory Kedge

Back to the top