[aspectj-users] Aspects monitoring an application execution

hi,
me and my team have been working on an aspectj-developed system that could
monitor and sort of control the execution of a "normal" Java application.

we basically set a couple of aspects containing differents pointcuts (and
advices) so to capture basically (at least for now) only method invocations and
constructor calls of the application.

we can therefore set up some rules and somehow redirect the execution flow, when
this is needed.

well what i'd like to know from any of you who might have been working on
aspects in a similar way, is how could we measure performance of the system.
for instance if applying our system badly slows down the application execution,
then it might be not good for our purposes.

well, don't know if i've been clear enought; i'm writing this down here in the
hope that somebody mighy englight us even with a small idea we might have not
thought about.

thanks everybody anyhow,

-m