[aspectj-users] aspectJ & code assist in eclipse

Hi all,

A very dumb question but I have been spending time in
figuring it out:

How do you turn on/off code assist in eclipse?
When I am doing a regular Java programming, I want the
javadoc to give me suggestions of available methods
everytime I put a "." after an object.
ex: String str = new String("abc);
    str. ... (when I type in the "." I want the list
of methods corresponding to the String class to
appear).

When I am doing AspectJ, I want this feature to be
disabled.

I disabled this feature a while back and now I can't
seem to turn it on.

I tried to modify the code assist section of Window ->
Preferences -> Editor -> Code Assist to no avail.

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

http://mail.yahoo.com

Back to the top