Re: [aspectj-users] AspectJ with weblogic application server6.1/8.1!!!

This is not available in M2
It is not available neither in the last development build from
http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/downloads.php (june 20)
so you 'd better wait (else checkout the cvs and build the whole yourself).

Anyway since I assume there will be a build updated soon here are the
steps that you would need - for further reference:

- change your weblogic startup script so that it starts with
aspectjweaver.jar in its classpath and with the following option
(assuming you are using JRockit):
java ......  -Xmanagement:class=org.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.JRockitAgent

- write and compile your aspect, place it in the classpath

- write an aop.xml file and have it in a somepath/META-INF/ folder,
with somepath a folder that is part of your classpath (I assume you
want to enable the weaving for the whole app server, else you would
have to pack this file in your deployed application)

The following options might be handy
-Daj.weaving.verbose=true  (JVM option, in the startup script)
and
<weaver options="-verbose"> in the aop.xml file

Read more about the aop.xml file for such a scenario here
http://eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/next/adk15notebook/ltw.html

Once again, all this will be available in M3, so I would advise you to
wait or look for more support around the dev2dev extension you found
on BEA newsgroups.

Alex