Re: [aspectj-users] Debugging -- before/after work but around does not

Around advice is inlined by default, and (a) we don't always generate the correct jsr45 info, and (b) debuggers don't all seem to take notice of it when we do. When using e.g. AJDT setting the AspectJ compiler option to not inline around advice makes debugging work much better (you can set breakpoints in around advice and the debugger will stop for example).

-- Adrian
Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx

Rafal Krzewski <Rafal.Krzewski@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

24/03/2005 10:58

Please respond to
aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject

Simon Heinzle wrote:

> using a debugger on the around() advice doesn't jump into the according
> sourcecode location in the aspect, in fact it just remains at the
> sourcecode location in the weaved class.
>
> On the other hand before & after work fine.
>
> Is this behavior intended or is it a bug?

I think I saw something related: when setting a breakpoint in a piece of
around advice, the debugger fails to stop on the breakpoint, despite its
body is executed. If the breakpoint is set in a method that is invoked
from advice body, debuger stops correctly.

Rafal