Re: [aspectj-users] J2EE, classloaders and different versions of AspectJ

Hi Simon

The statement is true: the correct aspectjrt.jar must be alongside the
deployed application (just like you would do with Struts and your
webapp).
Issue may occur if someone has a version N in the system classpath and
another version N+1 in the deployed app. Version N+1 modified classes
will be ignored (but not new classes). Regular rules apply there, this
has nothing to do with AspectJ in particular.
Same rules apply for aspectjtools.jar (but what for do you need to
include it in your deployed apps ?)

Regarding support for container, I don't really know what you mean but
perhaps the load time weaving that will be part of AspectJ 5 is the
answer. Refer to the AspectJ 5 developer notebook.

Alex