[aspectj-users] Problem with Load-Time Weaving ?

Hi,

I've been trying to use load-time weaving via the javaagent.  The docs say:

" When using JDK 1.5 the JVMTI agent can be used by starting the JVM with the following option:

			-javaagent=aspectjweaver.jar"

Firstly, this is wrong as it should be "-javaagent:aspectjweaver.jar". More importantly, however, is that it doesn't seem to work. The error message I get is:

> Failed to load Premain-Class manifest attribute from c:/Documents and > Settings/djp/My Documents/src/aspectj1.5/lib/aspectjweaver.jar
> agent library failed to init: instrument

With my limited knowledge of how this is supposed to work, I'm guessing this means there isn't a premain method anywhere in the jar file. Which suggests that this feature is yet to be implemented. Is this right or have I missed something?

Cheers,

David J. Pearce

Back to the top