[aspectj-users] LTW with Tomcat or JUnit?

Has anyone gotten Load Time Weaving working with the JUnit tool in Eclipse? I've added the VM arguments:

-Djava.system.class.loader=org.aspectj.weaver.WeavingURLClassLoader -Daj.aspect.path=${workspace_loc}/Build/myaspects.jar

This seems to have some impact because, if I use an invalid JAR file in the aj.aspect.path, then I get plenty of errors. However, it isn't going quite as far as the aj script which replaces the real classpath with just aspectjweaver.jar and uses aj.class.path to pass in the user classpath.

I've tried a bit to get Tomcat to use LTW, but there are the same problems. I can get Tomcat to give me errors, but I can't get it to give me the desired output. Is there a way around this?

Thanks,
-adrian.

Back to the top