[aspectj-users] AOP and Digital Television

Hello everybody,
I am an italian student and I've chosen AspectJ as an implementation of the AOP approach as the main argument of my bachelor thesis. I fell completely in love with aspect orientation,
and I started reading this ML everyday: the best ML I've ever joined.
Now I'm working on digital terrestrial television and the MHP framework, which is completely Java-based. I've tried to use aspects to find the best approach to implement cross-cutting concerns, but something went wrong: MHP set-top boxes implement only a subset of features
of standard JRE, and a 1.1 compliance level must be maintained.
AspectJ compiler let me specify the compliance level (ajc -target 1.1), but when I tried to make my code work on a real set-top box something went wrong and no aspect was activated,
even if no Exceptions were thrown.
I suspect some incompatibilites with aj-based bytecode and the runtime environment present on set-top boxes,
but I can't go further :-)
Does anybody of you out there have ever tried to do something similar? For now, I can't still use my aspects on that platform and this is a real shame (crosscutting concerns are pretty spread
in such a system), so I tried to post this mail.

For further details or questions, mail me when you want.
Hope to read you soon,

Andrea Vagliengo
WebTechnologies Lab
CSP - Italy --- http://www.csp.it

Sponsor:
Biscotti perfetti? Metti la pasta dentro allo Sparabiscotti e...click click... biscotti pronti per essere infornati!
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2745&d=2-2

Back to the top