Re: [aspectj-users] accessing protected methods in parent class

Charles,

The "Active.saveErrors()" method is protected which is only visible to
subclasses and types in the same package. You need to make your aspect
"privileged" e.g.

   public privileged aspect MyAspect {
   }

While there is no restriction on the join points a pointcut can match
advice and methods within an aspect are subject to the normal Java
visibility rules. Looking at you snippet you may wish to expose "this"
through the pointcut rather than using a cast:

   public privileged aspect MyAspect {

      pointcut somePointcut (Action action) :
            this(action);

      before (Action action) : somePointcut (action) {
            ..
            action.saveErrors(request,errors);
      }

   }

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

"Charles N. Harvey III" <charlieh@xxxxxxxxx>@eclipse.org on 16/11/2004
22:50:22