[aspectj-users] accessing protected methods in parent class

Hello.
My aspect cuts into my Struts Action classes.  If there is an error
somewhere I want to be able to do the saveErrors( request, messages );
thing that works out so well in my Action classes.  Thing is, "saveErrors()"
is protected.  And when I try one of these:

((Action)thisJoinPoint.getThis()).saveErrors( request, errors );

I get the error that "saveErrors()" is not visible.  Which it isn't.
But I thought since my aspect was weaving into a class that extended
Action, I would be able to use that method.

Is this possible?  Is there a way around it?  Thanks a lot.

Charlie

Back to the top