Re: [aspectj-users] AspectJ classes in Cortona VRML Browser

Hello,

> Forgive my ignorance, I don't know much about VRML browser plugins.
Its forgiven :-)

> It looks like a
> problem with the JVM level being used inside the browser to run the
> VRML plugin.
> Can you tell me which browsers worked or failed and the JVM levels of
> those that
> were failing?
I do not know much about them either, but I will tell you as much as I can.
The browser where it works is called O4, it is commercial and there is no
free version available (http://www.otlo.de/eng/software/o4.html). I know that
it works for versions compiled with the -target 1.1 switch but do not know
about others. On the other hand there is the Cortona plugin from Parallel
Graphics (http://www.parallelgraphics.com/products/cortona/) - there is a
free version available. After searching their webpages for informations, I
think they use the Microsoft JVM, but the information is dated to 2001. At
least I definitely know that Java classes (without aspects) compiled with the
-target 1.1 work for Cortona, but not with >= 1.2. So this engine supports
only Java level 1.1.

Greetings Ben

Back to the top