Re: [aspectj-users] AspectJ classes in Cortona VRML Browser

Hi,

Forgive my ignorance, I don't know much about VRML browser plugins. It looks like a
problem with the JVM level being used inside the browser to run the
VRML plugin.
Can you tell me which browsers worked or failed and the JVM levels of those that
were failing?

cheers,
Andy.
---
Andy Clement
AspectJ/AJDT Development

"Benjamin Mesing" <benjamin.mesing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

15/10/2004 12:47

Please respond to
aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aspectj-users] AspectJ classes in Cortona VRML Browser

Hello,

I've tried to use classes compiled with AspectJ in the Cortona VRML Browser as
part of the VRML file, but all I get is the following error message (repeated
quite often):

org.aspectj.lang.NoAspectBoundException: Exception while initializing
EventOut: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: EventOut: field
ajc$perSingletonInstance is final
       at EventOut.aspectOf
       at Movement.eventIn_timeChanged
       at Movement.processEvent
       at vrml/node/Script.processEvents
       at com/parallelgraphics/cortona/vrml/PassiveScriptImpl.callUser
       at com/parallelgraphics/cortona/vrml/PassiveScriptImpl.execute

The same aspect used in a standalone application works fine, so I suspect it
has something to do with using the Cortona engine.

The aspect looks like this (I've tried lots of other ones too):

public aspect EventOut
{
                // this is for the cortona class
                after() : call(public * Movement.*())
                {
                                 System.out.println("Cool " + thisJoinPoint + " was hit!");
                }
                // this is for the standalone class
                after() : call(public * TestClass.*())
                {
                                 System.out.println("Cool " + thisJoinPoint + " was hit!");
                }
}

I used the -target 1.1 compiler switches for both, the Cortona VRML class and
the standalone application, so this should not be the problem.

I have no idea how I could make them work together, any help will be
appreciated.

Additional Note:
I have tested this with another browser and it worked, so it might be a
Cortona bug?

Background:
The Movement class is a subclass from the vrml.node.Script class which is used
to move some objects of the VRML scene around.

Greetings Ben