[aspectj-users] Re: AJDT 1.1.12 released for Eclipse 3.0

Well...

I was playing around a little bit more and now I am a bit less enthusiastic.

At work I have almost all warning turned on which I did not have with my
eclipse 3.0 installation at home.  After I turned on the warning here at
my installation at home I was facing the same lack of some features I
like so much:

The ones I just encountered:
- The fix for externalizing strings does not work
- Missing Javadoc comments are not added per fix help

I wonder why that is. Some features are available, some are not. Once I switch
from AspectNature to JavaNature, all quick fixes are again available.

Andreas

Nicholas Lesiecki wrote:

I am really missing the comfort used from the eclipse Java editor. This forces
me constantly to switch the nature of the project, from AspectNature to
JavaNature.

I don't have this problem. My .java files are all editable as per normal, and only my .aj files suffer a lack of functionality.

I wonder what the difference in our configurations is.

Cheers,
Nick
are there any plans to get all the other great features into the aj files editor, like
the error fix help or the package import statements re-organize etc?

I am really missing the comfort used from the eclipse Java editor. This forces
me constantly to switch the nature of the project, from AspectNature to
JavaNature.

Regards,

Andreas

Back to the top