From: Matt Chapman [mailto:MCHAPMAN@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 10:04 AM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aspectj-users] POLL: How do you use ".lst" files with AJDT in
Eclipse?

Background: As you probably know, the "ajc" compiler can be given an argfile
option: "ajc -argfile sources.lst" for example, or alternatively "ajc
@sources.lst". The source.lst file can contain a list of files, references
to other .lst files, and also compiler options.

For the next release of AJDT we're looking at improving the usability of
defining build configurations from inside Eclipse (see ajdt-dev for further
discussions on this topic). We naturally want to do this in a way which is
intuitive for Eclipse users, whilst also providing some level of support for
existing .lst files. So if you use AJDT, or might do so in the future, it
would really help us if you could say how you currently use .lst files,
including the following two specific issues:

1. Do your .lst files contain references to other .lst files? If so, do you
tend to have one top level .lst file which includes various sub-level files,
or something more complex? 2. Do you tend to include compiler options in
your .lst files?

Please also say if you never use .lst files in your AJDT projects at all.

Many thanks,

Matt.