[aspectj-users] Real examples of refactored code

I've been noticing in the last few months an increasing interest in examples of refactored code - real codes bases available in both Java and AspectJ. I've watched research people from the areas of aspect mining, metrics, automatic refactorings, askings questions and getting no anwers. The Java & AspectJ implementations of the GoF patterns are a good place to start, but these are unsuitable for people working on areas such as code metrics. But also I've seen lots of people talking (and publishing) about refactoring Java code bases (particularly middleware) to AspectJ. Is there a good example code base that is open-source or at least available for research in both versions? My guess is that such a thing would be of interest to many researchers. If it base existed, it would merit a link from the AspectJ home page.

Miguel J. T. Pessoa Monteiro
Ph.D. student Minho University, Portugal
eMail: mmonteiro(at)di(dot)uminho(dot)pt
URL:http://gec.di.uminho.pt/mpm/

Back to the top