Re: [aspectj-users] Re: Per-control-flow aspect question

Thank you George.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 3:31 AM
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] Re: Per-control-flow aspect question

Hi Pavel,

> Please, could you tell me what is required to run AspectJ empowered
> applications on WebSphere 5.0?

You ought to be able to run AspectJ apps in the WebSphere 5.* app server by ensuring that the aspectjrt.jar is on the CLASSPATH. That can be achieved in one of two ways :-

(a) copy the aspectjrt.jar into the <WAS_HOME>/lib directory. Placing the jar in this location means its contents get loaded by the app server's "global” classloader that loads all WebSphere and J2EE-specific classes required at runtime. This approach means no extra packaging issues have to be considered for your apps.

or

(b) bundle the aspectjrt.jar into your EAR file. For EJB apps, the aspectjrt.jar must first be added to the application EAR file by importing a new utility jar to the application in the WSAD J2EE perspective. Next, still in the WSAD J2EE perspective, right click on the icon representing the EJB module under development and choose Open with -> Jar Dependency Editor from the resulting context menu. This leads to an editor page to update the EJB jar’s manifest file. The “Dependencies” section will automatically build a list of all utility jars discovered in the EAR file (including the aspectjrt.jar) and invite the user to simply click on which ones are required on the bean’s CLASSPATH.
For web apps, import the aspectjrt.jar into the WAR file. This can be done in WSAD by right clicking on the WebContent/WEB-INF/lib directory and selecting “Import…” from the context menu. You can import the aspectjrt.jar from the file system (e.g. from the org.aspectj.ajde plugin directory of your WSAD).

> Also, when is expected to have AspectJ in WSAD?

You can use AspectJ in WSAD today. Just install the AJDT plug-ins that correspond to the version of Eclipse that your WSAD is based on. In order to get the appropriate version of AJDT visit the download page at
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/org.eclipse.ajdt/download.html .

Best regards,
George

George C. Harley

"Pavel Kusch" <pavel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/04/2004 05:48

Please respond to
aspectj-users

<aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [aspectj-users] Re: Per-control-flow aspect question

Matthew,

BRILLIANT! You got to love that! Thanks a lot!

It is so amazing. It feels so good to have such a power and flexibility.
Also I got EM9 and AJ1.2 and they are great.

Please, could you tell me what is required to run AspectJ empowered
applications on WebSphere 5.0?
Also, when is expected to have AspectJ in WSAD?

Regards,

Pavel