Re: [aspectj-users] List of main users

Adrian Colyer wrote:
so if you've got AspectJ working in combination with another tool,
server etc.. it would be great if you could post about that too.

I wrote a persisting aspect for J2EE for my masters thesis. It picks up all calls to persisting methods of Entity Beans, and does the persisting for the Entity Beans. This persisting method makes a good replacement for CMP: it has all the advantages of BMP, but one has to write the code only once. I wrote the persistence aspect with AspectJ and tested with a test case (a small library application) written in J2EE. The application was then deployed on the J2EE reference implementation of Sun (1.3.1) with Cloudscape DBMS (4.0.6) and on JBoss AS (4.0.0DR3) with Hypersonic (1.7.1).

Conclusions were that, in the short term, using aop it is possible to implement all crosscutting behavior in a J2EE server. In the long term J2EE will probably be replaced by aop, with a basic framework delivering non crosscutting services.

Back to the top