Re: [aspectj-users] A Pattern for Inter-type declaration

Hi Ruzanna,

> Are intertype declarations on a pattern disallowed?

Patterns have been disallowed in intertype declarations since AspectJ 1.1. More information can be found in the AspectJ porting guide here ...

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/aspectj-home/doc/porting.html#pre-1.1

Having said that, what you are attempting is quite simple to achieve. Please look at the information here ...

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/aspectj-home/doc/README-11.html#SINGLE_INTERCLASS_TARGET

The compiler error message that you received could be improved so I will open up a Bugzilla report on this for you.

Best regards,
George
George C. Harley

"Chitchyan, Ruzanna" <r.chitchyan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

28/05/2004 15:15

Please respond to
aspectj-users

<aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[aspectj-users] A Pattern for Inter-type declaration

Hi all,
I have the following question:
when attempting to do   "   public SomeType pkgpart1.*.anIntroduction; " I get "  Syntax error on token "*", around expected " .
Are intertype declarations on a pattern disallowed?
Thanks
Ruzanna