Re: [aspectj-users] Incremental and runtime weaving support ?

Hi,
you can try dynamic AOP tools, like:
PROSE (http://prose.ethz.ch/)
Aspectwerkz (http://aspectwerkz.codehaus.org/)
JBoss/AOP

cheers

paolo

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:26:13 +0200, Enrique J. Amodeo Rubio <eamodeorubio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi everybody,

I had a talk with my boss about the limits of  AspectJ and some questions appeared.
Is there any plans about supporting runtime (not load time) weaving? And for incremental weaving? I have read about -Xreweavable and I wonder if this option could made feasible to support these features in the future. For runtime weaving I mean the ability to load and weave an aspect during the execution of a program in a similar way that you can load a class and use them. I think that incremental weaving is necessary in order to achieve a good performance. Of course some AspectJ features like introduction could not support this (but I can live without them). I understand that JVM technology can put limitations on these topics.

Perhaps this subject has been discussed in another mail threads. If so please send me some links since I can't  find them.

Thanks,

Enrique J. Amodeo Rubio