[aspectj-users] Incremental and runtime weaving support ?

Hi everybody,

I had a talk with my boss about the limits of AspectJ and some questions appeared. Is there any plans about supporting runtime (not load time) weaving? And for incremental weaving? I have read about -Xreweavable and I wonder if this option could made feasible to support these features in the future. For runtime weaving I mean the ability to load and weave an aspect during the execution of a program in a similar way that you can load a class and use them. I think that incremental weaving is necessary in order to achieve a good performance. Of course some AspectJ features like introduction could not support this (but I can live without them). I understand that JVM technology can put limitations on these topics.

Perhaps this subject has been discussed in another mail threads. If so please send me some links since I can't find them.

Thanks,

Enrique J. Amodeo Rubio

Back to the top