RE: [aspectj-users] Confused by cflow interaction

Showing the effects of cflow advice is something that we're very interested
in doing.  Part of the "complicated task" is already done, since the
compiler knows where all the cflow advice might affect (its shadow).  We're
in the process of figuring out now is how this should surface in the UI.
Last week at AOSD I gave an example of how this could look.  Refer to
section "3. new crosscutting views" in the slides:

http://kerstens.org/mik/publications/aspectj-aosd2004.ppt

We're seeking user input on this and the other UIs that are intended to do a
better job at surfacing cross cutting structure like the dynamic effects of
advice, advice ordering, and inheritance-related stuff.  If you're
interested in following progress, please add yourself as a "Cc" to the
corresponding bugzilla discussion report.  If you have any feedback or
ideas, please don't hesitate to add a comment to the report.  Links to the
reports are available from the UI design page below.  Note that I still need
to incorporate all the great feedback from AOSD.

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/org.eclipse.ajdt/ui.
html

Mik