Re: [aspectj-users] Confused by cflow interaction

Hello,

Nicholas Lesiecki wrote:
Thanks, I was going to ask you to confirm this. Basically, the visualizer in AJDT doesn't do a cflow analysis when indicating which join points may be advised. Thus if I have:

call(public void get*(..)) && cflow(execution(something else))

the visualizer would show all getters in the application.

I thought I remembered seeing a TODO item for adding static cflow analysis to the AJDT visualizer, but I couldn't find it after a cursory search of the eclipse site. (I didn't check bugzilla).

I think that adding this feature to the AJDT visualiser is quite a complicated task. It is probably similar to the "pcflow" construct, about which Gregor Kiczales talked during his AOSD'03 keynote speech.
I don't expect it to be part of AspectJ/AJDT in a near future.

Regards,

Bruno.

Back to the top