Re: [aspectj-users] out of memory during compilation in eclipse

You need to add some startup arguments to the eclipse invocation (if you're on windows, the easiest way to do this is create a shortcut to eclipse.exe and then edit its properties).  I use e.g.

xxx\eclipse-SDK-3.0M6-win32\eclipse\eclipse.exe -data <path to my workspace dir>  -vmargs -Xmx512M

BTW, we're also hoping to reduce the memory requirements of AspectJ / AJDT in the next releases, but it will still always be the case that an AspectJ compile involving weaving needs more memory than a plain Java compile.

-- Adrian
Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx

Federico Spinazzi <f.spinazzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx