RE: [aspectj-users] out of memory during compilation in eclipse

Title: Message
The other thing to note is I have submitted bug #40764 to cover this.  I think this is what Adrian is referring to.  If you have a large project [1000 or more classes] you can not use Eclipse to weave you have to use the ANT task.  If you need visualization then use the ajbrowser [ajbrowser.bat] as I have had success in doing this for large projects.
-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Colyer [mailto:adrian_colyer@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 6:13 AM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] out of memory during compilation in eclipse

You need to add some startup arguments to the eclipse invocation (if you're on windows, the easiest way to do this is create a shortcut to eclipse.exe and then edit its properties).  I use e.g.

xxx\eclipse-SDK-3.0M6-win32\eclipse\eclipse.exe -data <path to my workspace dir>  -vmargs -Xmx512M

BTW, we're also hoping to reduce the memory requirements of AspectJ / AJDT in the next releases, but it will still always be the case that an AspectJ compile involving weaving needs more memory than a plain Java compile.

-- Adrian
Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx

Federico Spinazzi <f.spinazzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx