[aspectj-users] hanging problem with aspectj 1.1

Hi all,

I'm new to aspectj and ran into a hanging problem.
I searched google and this mailing list, but couldn't find
a hint. I'd like to implement a tracing aspect for my project.
However, this aspect hangs if I specify a pointcut for
public/protected/private methods. Everything works fine,
if I only specify the pointcut for public methods. In fact,
I tested my aspects with a HelloWorld class with only
public methods. But I assume this shouldn't be the problem.
Are there any issues or am I missing something?

My aspect defs are:

public abstract aspect Tracing
{
  abstract pointcut trace();
  before(): trace() {}
  after(): trace() {}
}

=> this aspect hangs.
public MethodTracing extends Tracing
{
  pointcut trace(): execution(* *(..));
}

=> this aspect works find.
public MethodTracing extends Tracing
{
  pointcut trace(): execution(public * *(..));
}

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Dominik

Back to the top